Here are a few things that you could do with the delicious Sillara vegetables you’ve got in your pantry!
Have kids that hate veggies?
- Allow your kids to choose which veggies they feel should go into a meal. Involve them in the preparation process. Depending on their age, children can help shop for, clean, peel, or cut up vegetables. Giving them the responsibility to do so helps them feel proud of what they’ve accomplished and are more like to consume it.
- Cut up veggies like carrots into fun shapes as a part of an afternoon snack.
- Children often prefer foods served separately. So, rather than mixed vegetables try serving two vegetables separately.
Experiment, experiment, experiment!
- Replace regular, flour-based pizza crust with a cauliflower crust, made by combining cauliflower with eggs, almond flour or regular flour and some seasoning.
- Add extra veggies like spinach and peppers to your sauces. You can even puree certain veggies and make them into a sauce of it’s own!
- Swap out your usual carbs like pasta, for zucchini! Replace the lasagna noodles or spaghetti with strips of zucchini and you’ve got yourself a healthy and delicious meal!
In need of a face mask?
- Grab ½ cucumber (grated), ½ lemon and 2-3 mint leaves and mix it all up for a refreshing face mask!
- Did you know that the inside meat of the pumpkin can help hydrate skin? In a food processor or blender, combine 2 cups pumpkin, 4 tablespoons yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey. Coat face; leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse.
Most vegetables are so versatile in its use and its preparation that it leaves you with so many options of what to do with it! We hope this article helps you decide!